Our assurance of quality
Congratulations on the purchase of your new sleep set made by Johnson City Bedding (JCB)! Your mattress and foundation have been made with the finest quality, care, craftsmanship and newest technology, thus providing you with years of restful refreshing comfort and support.
Please take a few minutes to review this brochure to make sure that your new sleep set is properly set up with adequate support in order to get the maximum value from your purchase. It is imperative that your new sleep set is installed on a bed frame or rail system that has a center support which rests on the floor.
Your Limited Warranty
JCB warrants to the original purchaser against defects in workmanship and material, excluding outer fabric and handles of the sleep set. In the unlikely event that service is required because of such defects after purchase during the no charge period as outlined in the Warranty Schedule section of this brochure, your JCB mattress and/or foundation will be repaired without charge except for transportation costs to and from our manufacturing plant in Johnson City, TN.
If service is required after the no charge repair period because of such defects, your JCB sleep component(s) will be repaired at a charge as shown in the Warranty Schedule, plus transportation costs. If you observe a defect that is covered in the limited warranty as described in this brochure please make initital contact with the dealer from whom you purchased this set. If the dealer cannont be reached, you should contact us directly. To process your warranty proof-of-purchase must be provided, including date of purchase.
- JCB reserves the right to refuse service when the product, even if defective, is found to be in an unsanitary condition, soiled, stained, infested, or when product failure is due to causes other than defective materials or workmanship. Warranty is void if the original label showing the contents and manufacturing date has been removed.
- The terms of this limited warranty are negated if the product is used for (but not limited to) commercial purposes such as in a hotel, motel, bed and breakfast, or health care facility.
- Damage caused by use with a non-matching foundation, or when an incorrect or inadequate bed frame or support structure is used.
- If identical materials are not available at the time of repair, JCB reserves the right to substitute materials of equal or better quality. Matching of the outer fabric with the current fabric on your mattress, or associated foundation is specifically excluded from the warranty.
- Your new JCB sleep set is engineered as a system so that it is more resistant to open flames. JCB WILL NOT warrant your bed set, and your bed set’s open flame resistance may be seriously impaired, if the following occurs:
- A non-matching mattress and foundation are used together. The mattress and foundation are engineered and built as a systematized set to withstand rigorous flame tests. Using a non-matching foundation and mattress together voids all terms or this warranty and seriously jeopardize the open flame resistance of the bed set. Any implied warranties on this product shall not exceed in duration the term of this limited warranty. Incidental or consequential damages are excluded. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary from state to state. This warranty is given only to the initial purchaser and is effective from the date of purchase. This warranty shall be governed by the state law in TN, and is adjudicated in the state of TN and local courts in Johnson City, TN.
The Warranty does NOT cover items not expressly listed in the Limited Warranty section such as, but not limited to:
- Transportation and inspection costs
- Bedding used in hotel, motel, or instituional facilities
- Bedding sold “as is”, or floor samples, or bedding purchased from second hand parties, non-retail establishments, or received as a promotional item
- Bedding height
- Comfort preference
- Corner guards
- Replacement of another piece of a sleep set, unless it is also defective
- Body impression in the mattress that measures less than 1 1/2”
- Sagging in the mattress that measures less than 1 12”
- Damage of the mattress or foundation due to misuse or abuse
- Mattress damage due to use with a foundation that has not been tested with or engineered to support your JCB mattress
- Use of the sleep set with an incorrect bed frame or rail system
- Sheet fit
- Normal changes in softness and recovery time associated with memory foam latex materials over time. This does not affect the pressure relieving qualities of these materials
- Fabric stains, soiling, fluid penetration, tears of burns on mattress or box spring
Helpful Hints to get the most from your new sleep set
- At some point, your new sleep set may reveal normal body impressions up to 1 1/2”. This is normal and not a structural defect. The upholstery materials are conforming to the weight and shape of your body.
- Do not bend the mattress. It should only be carried flat or on the side.
- Zippered mattress cover damage due to improper care, or laundering
- Warranties or extended warranties sold or provided by others
- Use a mattress protector that is fluid proof. This will protect your new JCB mattress, help keep it clean, and protect your warranty. Most JCB retailers carry mattress protectors.
- Rotate your single-sided mattress every three months, placing the head where the foot was.
- Flip your double-sided mattress completely over.
- Un-package your new sleep set and allow it to air for a few hours before you place linens on it.
- Discard the plastic wrapping in a secure location as soon as possible to prevent a child or pet from becoming entangled or suffocating.
- ALWAYS purchase a new, matching foundation when purchasing a new mattress so that the mattress has proper support and your warranty is not void as outlined in the Additional Limitations section above.
- If your new mattress has handles, do not carry the mattress by the handles. They are not designed to carry the full weight of the mattress.
- Do not bend, fold, or jump on the mattress.
- Do not use cleaning fluids on your mattress.
- Do not allow your mattress to get wet or expose it to any fluids. Any type of fluid will damage the upholstery materials and is specifically excluded from the warranty coverage.
- Please retain this brochure, and your sales receipt should you need it for a warranty inquiry.
Do not remove the white tag that is sewn into the mattress. This contains important information and identification that will provide necessary details to JCB in the unlikely event of a problem covered by your warranty.
PLEASE NOTE: At first, your new JCB sleep set may feel firm in contrast to what you have been using, but you should not be concerned. Within a short period of time, you will become adjusted to the feel of a properly supportive sleep set.
If you have followed the procedures described but still need further assistance, you may contact us directly. Please have all details ready including your sales receipt, mattress model name, and date of purchase.